History was

History was built using part of the structure which initially would be for the Legislative Palace. This site was promoted by President Porfirio Diaz and his government, as in the year 1897, issued an international call for the project’s future headquarters of the chambers of deputies and senators. In the competition involving leading architects of the time between stressing Adamo Boari, then it would build the Palace of Post and the Palace of Fine Arts. After a selection process unclear and full of controversy, the project was awarded to French architect mile Bernard. Thus the first stone of this building was laid on September 23, 1910 by President Porfirio Diaz. After a significant step in the assembly of the steel structure of the building, the construction of the Legislative Palace was suspended for lack of resources following the revolutionary struggles.The structure was to be one of the most magnificent buildings in the city, remained unused for several decades, which led to begin to be dismantled the aisles and think even in the complete demolition of the building, to prevent the architect Mexican Carlos Obregon Santacilia proposed to then-Secretary of the Treasury, Alberto J. Pani, the use of part of the structure of the dome of the Legislative Palace frustrated to erect a monument to the recently concluded Mexican Revolution. This proposal was accepted and its construction spanned from 1933 to 1938.

Comments are closed.

  • « Older Entries
  • Newer Entries »